Come and work with us this summer!
- Creative Kids Summer Art Adventures Camp Leader
- Creative Kids Summer Art Adventures Camp Assistant
We are seeking experienced, innovative, team-oriented, and highly motivated people for the positions of our Camp Leader and Camp Assistant. Together, they will help with the planning and coordination of the Penticton Art Gallery’s Creative Kids Summer Art Adventures program. The successful candidates will plan, develop, and implement an ongoing summer program running out of the Gallery during the summer, to serve the community's youth, and introduce them to a positive and creative arts experience. The program will introduce youth to art in all its media, be geared towards the history of art, and coincide with our ongoing summer exhibitions. The participants will have extensive interaction with the Gallery staff to develop, promote, and deliver a consistent, dynamic, and educational summer art program.
Our ideal candidates are those with a high academic standing, a keen interest in the arts, and are able to work both independently and with others. Special consideration will be given to those who are currently undertaking, or planning to enrol in, an arts or education program. As this program will deal mainly with children and youth, the candidate will have to undergo a background check with the R.C.M.P. prior to commencing work. Candidates should have a basic knowledge of computer systems, including Internet and word processing, although these skills can be further developed through the project. Our most commonly used language is English, although a secondary language would be an asset. The Penticton Art Gallery encourages students of all ages, races, and genders to apply.
LENGTH OF CONTRACT:
June 8, 2020 through September 4, 2020.
* Between the ages of 16 and 30 at the start of employment
* Legally entitled to work in Canada
* Must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or holds refugee status in Canada
* Must meet the eligibility criteria as set in the program guidelines
* Must be registered in the Young Canada Works online candidate inventory
* Must be willing to commit to the duration of the contract
* Must not have another full time job (over 30 hours per week) while employed under this program
* Full-time secondary or post-secondary students in the semester preceding Young Canada Works employment
* Intending to return to full-time studies the semester following Young Canada Works employment
* Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
Please apply by May 15, 2020. Email your CV and Cover Letter to Maya Gauthier at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!