UNDER $500 EXHIBITION + SALE
Each year the gallery puts a call out to artists of all kinds to submit three artworks all priced under $500. This exhibition receives interest from artisans, crafters, and visual artists working in all media from across British Columbia. Some of you forward planners may already be underway in your holiday purchases, while others leave their shopping until last minute. Regardless, this annual show is always something to check out, whether it be a gift for a friend, loved one, or that perfect little something for yourself.
This exhibition is open to any artist who wants to submit. It not only provides us with some tempting, unique, and wonderful gifts, but an excellent cross-section of the talent and artistic happenings in our community. The mixture of artists range from professional, exhibiting artists to teenagers showing their work for the first time, and everything in between!
This year we will also be selling these works online through our website. If you have any questions, contact McKaila Ferguson at (250)-493-2928 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exhibition Dates: November 20, 2020 to January 17, 2021
Artwork Drop-Off Begins: October 13, 2020 at the Penticton Art Gallery (199 Marina Way, Penticton BC, V2A 1H5)
Submission Deadline: November 6, 2020
- All artwork must be original and ready for display.
- All works, where appropriate, should be framed with properly installed hardware.
- All works must be priced under $500 and must be for sale. NFS works will not be accepted.
- Sixty-five percent (65%) of the selling price will be paid to the artist at the conclusion of the exhibition period. All cheques for works sold will be processed and issued in January 2021. The Penticton Art Gallery will retain thirty-five percent (35%) of the selling price.
- All artwork must be delivered to the Gallery and ready for display by November 6, 2020 at the latest. No works will be accepted after this date.
- Each artist may submit up to three (3) pieces. For large (over 30” x 30”) or involved works, the artist must first consult with the Curator or Collections Manager before it can be accepted.
- The artist must include a copy of their CV and/or Artist Statement when submitting work. You can bring a copy in person, or email one to email@example.com.
- Unsold works must be picked up from the Gallery by January 31, 2021. Works not collected by this date will be considered abandoned.
- Each work submitted must be accompanied by a contract. These can be found on our website or at the Gallery.
Under 500 2020 Artist Contract